In our world, people are put first, because first, we are all people. New World Beijing Hotel is now looking to hire an extraordinarily talented person to join its outstanding and growing team.
The events manager prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, overall operational departments and customers to ensure consistent and high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of hotel operations. This person primarily handles events of average complexity, ensuring that all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service, and back again to sales. The events manager must recognise opportunities to maximise revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare all event documents and coordinate with all departments (especially the Sales Department) and customers to ensure successful delivery of hotel events of average complexity.
- Coordinate and communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external customers regarding event details; follow up with customers after the event.
- Manage group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
- Adhere to all standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist the director of events to update all relevant computer systems (namely Opera).
- Chair monthly departmental meetings with Catering Services and prepare meeting minutes accordingly.
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and service
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation and banquet and event service operations
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin reading and writing ability (required)
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter to our human resources department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
, referencing the job title in your application.